Re: Parsing problem in the encoded Url

On 4/2/07, Alaka Pathy -X (apathy - HCL at Cisco) <apathy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I have an issue with the parsing of the url and getting the original uri
from the url, when the url is encoded.

When I access,  http://servername:port/hh/test?var1=xyz ,
then the URI generated here is only  /hh/test and args is var1=xyz .
But when I access
http://servername:port/hh/test%3Fvar1=xyz, the URI
generated is /hh/test?var1=xyz and args is null.

So, here the parsing w.r.t. the "?" is not happening correctly. As the
character is encoded, it's not separating out the URI and the ARGS.

Has anybody encountered this issue ? Does anybody know if there is a bug
already ?

It's not a bug, as far as I know. The query string must be separated
by a literal ?, not by an encoded ?. Otherwise, there would be no way
for a url-path to have a ?, since it would always be interpreted as
the start of a query string.

So the issue here is with whatever tool is encoding the ?.

Joshua.