Re: Apache problem with MSIE

Hi,

Thanks for responses, sorry to ask the same question again, bcoz i could not slove the problem.
As i found that IE fetching the entire webpage from weblogic server intsead of from local cache when i hit the back button.

So, is there any directive or apache setting that might prevent the client(browser) to fetch the web page from weblogic server when i hit the back button. Instead, it can fetch it from local cache.

Any ideas apprciated.

Thanks..,
Sharath

On 3/16/07, matt farey <matt.farey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

prash reddy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on Apache 2.0.50 on Linux, proxying the requests to
> weblogic server by path using the location block.
>
> Here is the problem: In application,When i simply hit the browser back
> button, i can see that all the commentents being lost which were
> entered in previuos page.
this is just the way the browser handles caching, simple, set up apache
to send the same headers that your iPlanet server did, and things will
work the same. You must use a proxy to see what headers your old server
sent, or review its config, then set up Apache accordingly, it really is
this simple.

--
Matthew Farey