Re: Re: Setting <IfDefine> parameters from config file

On 13/03/07, Venkateswara Rao Parimi <parimiv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the info noddl.

 As the If crud is still around I think it's worth having the ability to
define the parameters in custom configs. For example if I want to include
default ssl.conf in my config without mucking with startup scripts or
default ssl.conf itself per node, wouldn't it really make the life easy?
also easy upgrades by just including the default config in your host
specific configs. If I can define SSL in my custom config it will be really
easy for me to enable SSL on required nodes only.

I tend not to agree here. I find IfDefine and IfModule pointless once
I've decided how my server should behave. Also, it makes life hard on
the freenode #apache channel when people's configs are littered with
IfDefine (and even worse, !IfDefine) statements and the users don't
know where or how the -D flags are set. Gentoo's config is terrible
for this, but perhaps you'd like it :-)

You could also take a look at mod_macro. It allows for variables of
sorts and macro expansion in the config file.
http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho/mod_macro/

--
noodl