Re: Reverse proxying errors

Hi Nick,

Sorry about the long post.

1) Pretty sure the network and DNS are working.  Wouldn't we see more
consistent failures if it was this?

2) I have the following directives in the httpd.conf file:

SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

Is that what you were referring to?

Just starting to use Apache so am not familiar with all the modules.  I
left the default listing and then turned on the few I thought I would need.
I'll look them over again and see what can be commented out.

Thanks for your suggestions.
____________________________
Steven

             Nick Kew
             <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                       users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             03/12/2007 03:53                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re:  Reverse proxying
             Please respond to         errors
             users@xxxxxxxxxxx
                   e.org

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:43:24 -0700
sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx wrote:

[chop.  This post is far too long.  Next time, please post a
summary, and just a pointer to your config and log stuff]

> Symptoms
>
> Pages or sometimes images take much longer to load than the page
> (sometimes 30+ seconds or more).

Two suggestions:

(1) Are you sure of your DNS and networking?  Windows boxes are
commonly affected by things like firewalls and antivirus that
bugger up their networking.
(2) What happens if you force-downgrade to HTTP/1.0?

Oh, and do you really need all those modules?

--
Nick