Re: Apache 2.2 utilize more physical memory than apache 1.3

On 3/1/07, arun kumar <arun.apache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

No i am  not measuring memory per process and i am adding all the RSS of the
httpd process of particular apache instance to find total memory usage every
one sec.

In  prefork(No of process will be more than worker) also i am using the same
process  and i am adding all the RSS of the httpd process of the particular
apache instance  to find total physical memory usage every one sec

Anyway physical memory in worker should be less the prefork right?

This conversation isn't going anywhere -- we are obviously talking
past each other.  But I am still strongly of the opinion that you are
not interpreting your ps out correctly given the difference between a
multi-threaded model and a multi-process model.

As I said many messages ago, an easy way to avoid the whole problem is
to just measure total FREE memory on the system in the two different
configurations.  A utility like "top" is good for this.

Joshua.