Re: using Apache module

On Jan 29, 2007, at 6:00 AM, Garnier, Jeremie wrote:

How can I use an apache module in a C application?

Why would you want to do such a thing?

Is it possible to use mod_dbd? Actually there are some undefined references (ap_hook_post_config, ap_hook_child_init…).

You would have to provide all of the functions from the Apache core that the module calls, including all of the callback hooks.

I quickly browsed through the module, and it looks to me like a fairly thin glue layer on top of APR's DBD. If you want DBD functionality in your application, you're probably better off calling APR directly.

Since the Apache code is released under the Apache license, you should find no problem re-using some of it in your own application, outside the context of Apache. Note: this does not constitute legal advice; read the Apache License <http://www.apache.org/licenses/ LICENSE-2.0> and make sure you agree to its terms.

Why the APR/APU in srclib of httpd 2.x are old versions and not APR/ APU 1.3?
Thanks for your help…

Apache 2.0.x and 2.2.x use branches of APR: 0.9 and 1.2 respectively. This is done because we require that the APR API we use is stable. The development trunk of Apache builds against the trunk of APR, and when we do the next major release we will likely use a new branch of APR.

S.

--
sctemme@xxxxxxxxxx            http://www.temme.net/sander/
Open Source Software Consultant