Re: Re: How to set environment variable from a LDAP attributes.

Hi

On 1/28/07, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. AFAIK none of the regulars on this list is expert in the LDAP support
in Apache.
Sorry, I press send before I had finished my message.

2. Your question is rather confused.  "the environment variable
REMOTE_USER" only exists in CGI, and various environments that
emulate a CGI environment.  Authentication enables CGI to set it.
Before anyone could answer your question, we'd need to know
what *you* mean by the question.

I fail to see where the confusion could come from.
Let me rephrase my problem:
When I successfully authenticate in apache using the authnz_ldap
module, the environment variable REMOTE_USER will be set to the
username I've just authenticated with. So if I log-in using the
username jya, then REMOTE_USER will contain the value jya.

What I would like, is to also retrieve the value of some specific LDAP
attributes and set some environment variables with the retrieved
value.
Yes this will be used by some CGI, that way there's only need to
authenticate once and not several times.
Earlier mod_ldap would allow to set one extra environment variable,
however those do not seem to exist for apache 2.2

The authors of mod_webauth can probably answer, because they'll
know what their module actually does that you want.

Do they participate in this distribution list? If not, what is the
best place to exchange messages with them?

Thank you all for your help and answers, sorry for stirring some crap
earlier... I was just frustrated in not finding any answers after
several days.

Cheers
Jean-Yves