Re: How to set environment variable from a LDAP attributes.

So I guess this is not possible.

Or is this distribution list about asking questions but not getting answer ? :)

JY

On 1/26/07, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I have recently upgraded to Apache 2.2 and while doing so, I now miss
some modules and I'm trying to find a replacement that runs in Apache
2.2

Currently, using the mod_authnz_ldap module, I'm able to authenticate
against a LDAP server. This will set the environment variable
REMOTE_USER.

Is there any way to set other environment variables based on some
attributes retrieved from LDAP?

I found that this module: mod_webauth (http://webauth.stanford.edu)
can do that, but as this was made for Apache 1.3 and 2.0 and with a
specific use in mind, Im not sure I'd like to risk it.

I was hoping that either mod_ldap or mod_authnz_ldap would allow me to
do this. That would be great as it will remove the need to log in
several times in various pages served by Apache.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.
Cheers
Jean-Yves