Re: Performance on mod_proxy?

Hi,

Do you have any idea what these error lines in the error log means? (Apache 2.24 under Linux)

in the error log of the reverse proxy (mod_proxy):

[Mon Jan 22 14:11:26 2007] [error] [client 82.208.146.70] proxy: error reading status line from remote server localhost, referer: http://www.site.ro/prg

and in the error log of the backend server (using mod_perl):

[Mon Jan 22 17:35:22 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] request failed: error reading the headers

Under Apache 2.23 on Windows it appears an error message in the browser telling that the header doesn't contain a ":" character, and it shows the line:

GET / HTTP/1.1

Do you have any idea how I could make mod_proxy to work without showing these errors?
(Can you share a sample httpd.conf mod_proxy configuration that works?)

Or maybe those errors are not important and they can be ignored?

Thank you.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lucas Brasilino" <lucas.brasilino@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 4:35 PM
Subject: Re:  Performance on mod_proxy?

Hi,

Hi:

  I am not sure how good Apache mod_proxy on its
Load-Balance and Failover, in regarding its
Performance, Capacity Limit, Security, etc?  Can
someone help me?

Thx, Q.Xie

As 2.2 mod_proxy is production stable, it's surely
reliable.
I'm testing and it's almost OK. The unique gotcha
is that looks like it does not set a 'HTTP response
timeout' from backend server. I'm looking around
source code.

regards
Lucas Brasilino