Re: How to manage single sign on with apache

nope, it's one module, and it doesn't break modularity. please refer
to the docs which have been posted above to understand how it's
working.

maybe you can do the same by combining the named modules, however,
it's way more work, more complex and it's really the question if you
get it working anyways.

mod_auth_cookie_mysql is proven to be working, stable, reliable, it's
open source and it gets maintained - so what more do you want?

when we implemented SSO apache/tomcat, we checked A LOT stuff, and
mod_auth_cookie_mysql in combination with a self-written SSO-servlet
delegating the authorization to tomcat and filling the required
parameter into the database did a superb job.

it's lean, it's easy to understand and it's easy to maintain.

the only alternatives where some big SSO-frameworks i.e. from SUN,
which now is open source and some other stuff. Those solutions
contained 90% stuff we didn't need and it was really complex to get
them working anyways.

The combination of the modules you named was never an option for us.

Maybe you can post a working solutions of the named modules and I'll
change my mind, however, I haven't found anything described in the web
based on your suggestion.

Cheers

Greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2