RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} =?APPURI(.*)
RewriteRule APPURI=http: APPURI=https: [QSA,L]

However i can't get the rule to kick in for the condition, it seems to ignore it (probably becauses its wrong !!) and tries to apply the rule to the uri. e.g from the rewrite log:

10.101.212.165 - - [21/Dec/2006:13:04:35 +0000] [dit.hmrc.gov.uk/sid#11b360][rid#9d7c88/initial] (3) applying pattern 'APPURI' to uri '/service/validation/validator.js'

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: jslive@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:jslive@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Joshua
Slive
Sent: 15 December 2006 17:02
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  re-writing URI's

On 12/15/06, Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE) <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi joshua,
>
> sorry i should have been more specific. Its not actually our app but an authentication plug-in and backend that changes the URI and then passes back to the browser. There may be a bug in it that its capturing the incoming URL and not able to re-write it to https before passing back. This is being investigated by the provider but in the meantime i would like to re-write the URI to the proper secure method.
>
> does that make sense?

Sort of.  But it is hard to tell where your authentication plug-in is
acting here.  What I would do is simply tack a ? on the end of the URL
when redirecting from HTTP to HTTPS.  This will eliminate the query
string and hopefully force your plug-in to recreate it.  And it also
has the benefit of making sure your don't accidentally have people
submit sensitive information in the query string to the non-secure
server.

Joshua.