Re: re-writing URI's

On 12/15/06, Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE) <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi joshua,

sorry i should have been more specific. Its not actually our app but an authentication plug-in and backend that changes the URI and then passes back to the browser. There may be a bug in it that its capturing the incoming URL and not able to re-write it to https before passing back. This is being investigated by the provider but in the meantime i would like to re-write the URI to the proper secure method.

does that make sense?

Sort of.  But it is hard to tell where your authentication plug-in is
acting here.  What I would do is simply tack a ? on the end of the URL
when redirecting from HTTP to HTTPS.  This will eliminate the query
string and hopefully force your plug-in to recreate it.  And it also
has the benefit of making sure your don't accidentally have people
submit sensitive information in the query string to the non-secure
server.

Joshua.