Re: Changing DocumentRoot Doesn't Work

> The behavior of httpd is to look in ../conf/ so that's probably not it.

That's as may be, but the OP ran httpd.exe -V and got:
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

So I maintain that double-clicking on the httpd.exe in the /bin subdirectory will look for /bin/conf/httpd.conf for the configuration file.

However, fixing this hasn't apparently fixed the problem, yet I'm sure this is where it lies.

My shortcut for starting apache has the command as
"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\httpd.exe" -w -n "Apache2.2" -k start

With the "Start in:"

On 07/12/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Steve Swift wrote:
> You said that you were double-clicking the httpd.exe
> That would make the current directory:
> C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2\bin
>
> so apache would go looking for a conf subdirectory of \bin and not find it.

The behavior of httpd is to look in ../conf/ so that's probably not it.

> You will have to contsruct a shortcut to launch httpd.exe with a working
> directory of:
> C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2

There should be such a shortcut installed in your Start menu under Apache.

> You cannot do it with a simple double-click.

Not a good idea, no.

On that subject, to the original poster, are you sure you are modifying
the C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2\conf\httpd.conf,
and not the httpd.conf.default file we install FOR REFERENCE ONLY?