Re: Changing DocumentRoot Doesn't Work

You said that you were double-clicking the httpd.exe
That would make the current directory:
C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2\bin

so apache would go looking for a conf subdirectory of \bin and not find it.

You will have to contsruct a shortcut to launch httpd.exe with a working directory of:
C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2

Alternatively, you can open a command prompt at that directory and start apache with the command:
bin\httpd.exe

You cannot do it with a simple double-click.

On 07/12/06, Gaming Mouse <gaming_mouse@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

> These are the two important lines. Apache was compiled to expect the
> config to be at /apache/conf/httpd.conf. Is it?
>
> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle

Owen,

What is the initial "/" relative to?  Again, for clarity, I will give
the complete path on my machine to both the .exe and the .conf file:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\httpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf

Is the "2.2" the problem?  Because if I change "Apache2.2" to "apache",
then when I double-click httpd.exe, the window opens and instantly
closes, and I cannot use apache.

Do I need to re-install?  If so, what should I be sure of when I do?

Thanks,
Jonah