Re: APache2 and ssl error in debian etch

On 12/6/06, Indraveni <indraveni@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am using debian etch and I am facing problem in using Apache2 with ssl
support. When I am tring to restart apache2 the following error is
displayed..

Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...Warning: DocumentRoot
[/usr/share/gforge/scm] does not exist
Syntax error on line 186 of
/etc/apache2/conf.d/gforge.httpd.conf:
SSLCertificateFile takes one argument, SSL Server Certificate file
(`/path/to/file' - PEM or DER encoded)
 failed!

My gforge application is having a SSL directory in it and so its not
working.

Can some one please tell me, why this error (bolded text) is coming.

As the httpd daemon so helpfully tells you: There is a syntax error on
line 186 of your config file. So check the syntax. If you need help
from us checking the syntax show us this line from your config file.

Krist
--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland