Re: Apache 2.2.3 monitor

If application is really critical take a look at http://www.linux-ha.org/

Otherwise a simple cronjon would do.

On 12/6/06, Lucuk, Pete <pete.lucuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have Apache 2.2.3 with mod_ssl and mod_jk installed and they work like a
champ!

I am now wrapping up my Apache setup with a maintenance in mind.

I would like to setup something that would…

        - test to see is Apache is up or down

        - if Apache is up, do nothing

        - if Apache is down, bring it back up ASAP

I could write some Java or a shell script that pinged a web page on Apache
or something like that, BUT that seems kinds clunky in 2006 to do that.

Is there something already available out there that meets the above
requirements that is the standard correct way to monitor Apache and start it
if it goes down?

Thanks much

Pete