Re: configuration conundrum.

On 12/4/06, Chris Johnson <johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Hi,

      Right to it then.

      Using httpd-2.0.52-28 on CentOS4.3.

      Trying to redefine MIMEMagicFile with a file in the conf.d/
directory.  Now, I thought those files were read after the config in
conf/.  I've redefined other parameters in this way.  I put a redefine
of MIMEMagicFile in a file ending in .conf in conf.d/.  I know it
gets read because other things work.  In this case MIMEMagicFile did
not get redefined.  I know this because the mime types defined in the
new file didn't work.

Apache as distributed from httpd.apache.org doesn't use a conf.d
directory, so this is a local modification of CentOS and you're better
off asking them how the did it.

But in general, to figure out when the conf.d files are read, look
through the main config file (usually httpd.conf) for the Include
directive that references that directory.  The config directives are
read as if they were placed in the main config file at the location of
the Include directive.  If the existing MIMEMagicFile directive comes
after the Include directive, then the stuff in the conf.d directory
will obviously be overridden.

Joshua.