configuration conundrum.

     Hi,

     Right to it then.

     Using httpd-2.0.52-28 on CentOS4.3.

     Trying to redefine MIMEMagicFile with a file in the conf.d/
directory.  Now, I thought those files were read after the config in
conf/.  I've redefined other parameters in this way.  I put a redefine
of MIMEMagicFile in a file ending in .conf in conf.d/.  I know it
gets read because other things work.  In this case MIMEMagicFile did
not get redefined.  I know this because the mime types defined in the
new file didn't work.

    If I completely comment out the definition of MIMEMagicFile in
conf/httpd.conf and only define it in the secondary file in conf.d/ then
it works.

     One other thing, the define is in a conditional as follows.

# Magic file type hint file override
<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
   MIMEMagicFile /usr/share/magic.mime
#    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>

This is basically the one in httpd/conf/httpd.conf with the
MIMEMagicFile comments swapped. So it reads the main one in http/conf, and as I understand it then should read and do the secondary one in
httpd/conf.d.  Doesn't seem to be working.  Obviously the goal here is
not to muck about with the primary config file which is what con.d is
for I think.

     So when I just redefine MIMEMagicFile from the secondary file in
conf.d it just acts like this is being ignored.

     Any suggestions?  What am I doing wrong?  Help appreciated.
Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chris Johnson |Internet: johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |cleaner minds.  Will Rogers