Re: RE: Setting up user login?

On 12/1/06, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxx> wrote:>
You sound like you want something more sophisticated. To do what you
need you need to serve cookies on login and then use the cookie to
enable access to individual elements of content on subsequent dynamic
pages. All this implies sophisticated server-sided logic that goes way
beyond basic apache config.

Read up on session management, cookies, closed user groups etc. You'll
need technologies like PHP, Cocoon, and so on. BTW, it ain't trivial...

Thanks for the response. Yes, I do want something more sophisticated.
I don't mind taking the time to learn a lot of new technologies, I
just had no idea where to start and figured maybe part of the login
management would involve apache. I will do some more google searching
on this matter.

But if anyone else has any suggestions for websites, books I can look
into to learn more about this topic it would be great.

Craig Hagerman