From: Todd Hivnor [mailto:spambox_98103@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 3:44 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Limiting COPY method for WebDAV to one direction

I am running WebDAV on my Apache 2.0.51 server on Fedora Core 2.

I would like to allow users to copy files _from_ a certain directory,
but not _into_ it. However, if I allow the COPY method (via a the
LimitExcept tag)  then I am allowing copy _from_ and copy _to_. There doesn't
seem to be able to any means to control the direction of the copy
method.

Is there are way to configure this? It seems like a fairly basic
requirement: a read-only WebDAV folder which allows users to copy files into
their personal directories, with a direct HTTP COPY call.

 - Todd