Re: [users@httpd] apache 2 webserver tuning

On 11/13/06, Joel Mandapat <joel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Joshua,
Thanks for ur reply.

The projection of the number of users of the php application is around
10K users.
I'm just wondering if tweaking of apache can help  me achieve those
numbers of users.

but i guess not.. T_T hehe..
im wondering about how to explain this to the php programmer.

To achieve this, you almost certainly need to think about a bunch of
servers in a load-balanced configuration.

can you give me some sample configurations that gave u a good benchmark
results?

That would really be pointless.  It all depends on the kind of load.
What kind of database interaction?  How big are the pages?  What kind
of processing needs to be done on each page?  (Don't answer those
questions here.  They are just the type of thing that you need to
discuss with a professional.)

Joshua.