Re: [users@httpd] multiple vhosts on port 80 and port 443

On 10/19/06, Bill Angus <mdangus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In my Windows 2k environment, there was no way I could manage to get Apache
2 (any version) to listen to port 443 and serve SSL to multiple name-based
hosts or even to multiple ip based hosts.

Multiple named hosts work beautifully for me for NON-SSL http service. But I
could not manage to set up name-based hosts for an SSL server. This doesn't
mean it cannot be done -- only that I tried for over a day and could not
make it work :)

What configuration did you try, and what exactly happened when you tried it?

Plenty of people run name-based vhosts on more than one port, so you
likely made a config error.  But without details, not much can be done
to help.

Of course, multiple SSL-vhosts on one IP/port have lots of problems as
has been discussed in detail the past few days.

Joshua.