Re: [users@httpd] Namebased Virtual Hosts

Hi Hoshua,

first, thanks for your explanations, however, I'm havin 2 questions:

On 10/17/06, Joshua Slive < joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

You need only one NameVirtualHost directive for each IP-address/port
combination.  And you should not use hostnames in NameVirtualHost or
<VirtualHost>.  In a simple case like yours, you should use
NameVirtualHost *:80

So what is the best practise to specify this NameVirtualHost-directive?  In any file which contains the VirtualHost-directive (meaning one will contain it, the others not? Or in httpd.conf?)

And in addition, your second and third ssl sites are not going to work
properly.  You can only have one ssl site on each IP-address/port
combination because the SSL certificate is selected before the
hostname is known.

Well, what  is going to happen  if I do specify more than one SSL-site per IP/port-pair? Do I just get the message that the cert is invalid (I could pretty much live with that)?

Cheers

Greg