Re: [users@httpd] not uploading at full speed

ADSL upload speeds are in BITS/Sec so my 288KB/s is about 28.8K bytes per second, allowing 8bits per byte and overhead of the TCP/IP protocol packaging.
An upload speed reported as 237 KB/s has a maximum transmission speed of roughly 23.7 thousand characters per second.  You're getting about half of that, which might imply two transfers running concurrently or congestion in your local loop (your exchange in other words).

On 10/10/06, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Lots of reasons... very few would have anything to do with apache.

To determine if apache *is* responsible, add localhost to the list of
aliases and try downloading via localhost (obviously, you need to do
this on the server). If it's fast, it ain't apache.

Apache usually just hands the data on to TCP/IP to deliver and doesn't
care how fast it ships...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> chris

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.