RE: [users@httpd] multiple ScriptAliases

No. You can have as many of these as you like. The only (obvious :-)
limitation is that one alias can't lead to two directories (somebody
actually wanted to do this once....)

> When I try this I cannot start Apache through the XP Services
> Console - but neither do I see any errors in "C:\Program
> Files\Apache Group\Apache2\logs\error.log"
>
> # Script Alias 1
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
> <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> # Script Alias 2
> ScriptAlias /rob/ "H:/website/scripts/"

I think your problems are more likely due to one of the drives being on
a network and that apache (or the OS) is having trouble accessing it.
Are you sure it's working?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> <Directory "H:/website/scripts">
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> When I use the Apache "restart" shortcut instead, I see the
> following in the error.log:
> [Tue Oct 10 10:02:00 2006] [notice] Parent: Received restart
> signal -- Restarting the server.
> [Tue Oct 10 10:02:00 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Exit event
> signaled. Child process is ending.
> [Tue Oct 10 10:02:00 2006] [warn] (OS 995)The I/O operation
> has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an
> application request.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
> [Tue Oct 10 10:02:01 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Released the
> start mutex
> [Tue Oct 10 10:02:02 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Waiting for
> 250 worker threads to exit.
> [Tue Oct 10 10:02:02 2006] [notice] Child 3008: All worker
> threads have exited.
> [Tue Oct 10 10:02:02 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Child process
> is exiting
>
> The server continues to serve html, but any time I access a
> script, I get the following page (with nothing in the error log):
> Server Error
> The following error occurred:
> [code=CANT_CONNECT] Could not connect because of networking
> problems. Contact your system administrator.
> Please contact the administrator.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Rob
> :)
>

> Robert Mark Bram
> Portal Analyst Programmer
>  IT AD&S Portal Competency Centre - Development Team
> Coles Myer Ltd 745 Springvale Road, Mulgrave
> * 854 46767 / 0403 730 868
> * robert.bram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> This email and any attachments may contain privileged and
> confidential information and are intended for the named
> addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately.
> Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or
> lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is
> your responsibility to check this e-mail and any attachments
> for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material is free
> from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any
> loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the
> sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will
> be limited to resupplying the material.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.