Re: FW: [users@httpd] use the apache as a proxy server with caching

On 9/7/06, Hasson Yehudit <Yehudit.Hasson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Someone can help me?

I have some questions related to the configuration of apache 2.2.
I am working on Unix and I want to use the apache as a proxy server with
caching.

I used --enable-proxy --enable-cache --enable-disk-cache
#--enable-mem-cache

1) If both disk_cache and mem_cache are enable, when files will be kept
on disk? What is the algorithm?

I've never tried, but my guess is that they will both try to cache
every file.  In other words, this is not a good idea.

2) What is better to use? Mem_cache or disk_cache?
(I read some previous responses that disk_cache is faster because in
mem_cache there is a memory For each thread), does it correct?

You've already heard the opinions on this.  In general, disk_cache is
better tested and will perform better with large cache sets.  Its
performance depends mostly on the efficiency of your OS buffer caches.

3) How can I config httpd.conf to support only disk_cache?
My configuration goes as following, what is wrong with it?
I ran the apache with this configuration, but the files were not cached
in CacheRoot.

Is CacheRoot writable by the httpd User/Group?  Try turning LogLevel
to debug and running a cachable request.

Joshua.