[users@httpd] Rerouting Localhost (to XAMPP home page)

I'm still struggling with my XAMPP installation. I finally got it downloaded and extracted, but when I starated the installation, everything installed except Apache. I decided to have another look at the default Apache installation. I opened System Preferences > Sharing and discovered that "Personal Web Sharing" was already enabled. Yet I got a dead page when I typed http://localhost into my browser.

So I disabled Personal Web Sharing, the re-enabled it. Now, I get the standard Apache greeting when I type in http://localhost. So I'm getting closer, but http://localhost is supposed to point to my new XAMPP home page.

As I recall, I had a similar problem when I installed XAMPP on my PC, and I solved it by somehow pointing http://localhost to a different page. But I can't remember how I did it.

I think this is XAMPP's home page:

Applications/xampp/htdocs/index.html

When I double click it, it previews at file:///xampp/index.php, but I get a "File not found" error message. I found my httpd.conf file and opened it, but I didn't find any virtual host settings. I did find this line near the end:

#NameVirtualHost *:80

Anyway, do you know how I can make http://localhost point to Applications/xampp/htdocs/index.html ?

Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?