[users@httpd] balancer proxy with http and https

Hi,

I've been trying to configure Apache's balancer proxy, but have not had any luck. I've been trying to configure a load balancing proxy that forwards requests to 2 web servers. I want both http and https requests to be forwarded.

I started with the following configuration in /etc/apache/httpd.conf:

ProxyPass /awstats !
ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/ stickysession=jsessionid
ProxyPreserveHost On

<Proxy balancer://mycluster/>
BalancerMember http://192.168.0.2:80
BalancerMember http://192.168.0.3:80
</Proxy>

This worked fine, but ofcourse not for https requests. I then removed the above configuration from httpd.conf and placed it in the default vhost configuration at /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf:

ProxyPass /awstats !
ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/ stickysession=jsessionid
ProxyPreserveHost On

<Proxy balancer://mycluster/>
BalancerMember http://192.168.0.2:80
BalancerMember http://192.168.0.3:80
</Proxy>

I then configured the default ssl virtual host simularly (/etc/apache2/modules.d/41_mod_ssl.default-vhost.conf):

ProxyPass / balancer://mysslcluster/ stickysession=jsessionid
ProxyPreserveHost On

<Proxy balancer://mysslcluster/>
BalancerMember https://192.168.0.2:443
BalancerMember https://192.168.0.3:443
</Proxy>

But now I cannot get my requests to the balancer handled by one of the web servers (i.e. the request is not forwarded). An http request is forwarded to the web servers, but an https request is giving an Internal Server Error.

Can someone please comment on the above configuration and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Nes