[users@httpd] Content-type in cgi scripting

I've been going slow^H^H^H^Hrapidly insane over this.  I put the print
statement for the Content-type at the beginning of the script, as
text/plain - I didn't want any html control going on (like ignoring white
space) - for the output of my perl script.

I've been testing with mozilla and all was cool.  Then I used Internet
Exploder on a windows box and it wants to download my perl script (when it
does, the content of the file is the text output that I wanted in the
browser window).  If I change "plain" to "html" exploder works fine - but
my text looks like mush.

So my question is, do I have a) Apache configured wrong, b) exploder
configured wrong, or c) my perl written wrong?  And what do I do to fix a)
or b)?

I suppose a solution if c) is to use the PRE html tag before and after the
block of text.

John B. Sandlin    jsandlin@xxxxxxxxxxx