[users@httpd] RE: Q: How to "force" HTTP 503 when Apache hits MaxClients

Does anyone happen to know what module this might be?

-----Original Message-----
From: Morgan Gangwere [mailto:0.fractalus@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 11:18 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; jwanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Q: How to "force" HTTP 503 when Apache hits MaxClients

somewhere there is a module that will allow you to auto-redirect if a
certain variable (in this case "clients" or "numberClients") reaches
or exeeds a certain value (in this case, 191, 1 over the max, so that
when user number 191attempts connection, it kicks him, but user 190
can freely use the app). this was what I did to eliminate the
long-wait time on subeta.org: it shows that if the server load is 1%
or more over the max (200%, because its OK, but the apache
distribution is built from pure, altered, mangled source.)

--
"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in