Re: [users@httpd] using another ip-address on multihomed servers

On 07.07.06 18:41, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> I have a strange problem: I'm providing a service to my users on a
> certain ip-address. This service in turn connects to another server.

How? do you use mod_proxy?

> When this service connects to the server it uses the ip-address of the
> http-service defined in a virtual host entry. I usually can change the
> LocalAddr when I'm connecting to a server,

if you connecting from the machine using telnet or similar pgoram (not
apache?)

> but this doesn't work when it is done through apache.

I'm afraid apache does not have that feature. maybe you could submit a
wishlist bugreport...

> When I'm doing this
> locally (without the webserver) it works.
>
> What is the reason for it? Might it be a problem that apache runs as nobody?

it probably doesn't have anything with the user, unless you have kernel
patch that denies using source IP addresses
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.