[users@httpd] socket problem

I have not seen any posting dealing with this difficulty. Hopefully someone has an idea to remedy this problem.

I had installed Apache 2.2.2 but it didn't appear to work with PHP 5. I found a note on the internet that said, " PHP is not compatible with Apache 2.2.2. Therefore you are getting those errors. I would recommend you to downgrade Apache to version 2.0.58 as PHP5 is compatible with that version."

But then I ran into difficulties uninstalling Apache 2.2.2. Seems the uninstall did not get rid of all the files. Finally got rid of them and then I downloaded and installed 2.0.58, but then I got this odd error message when I run Apache.exe from the command prompt (using DOS in Windows XP).

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache.exe

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)

is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

Unable to open logs

I have uninstalled Apache and re-installed it again, but the problem remains.

Any ideas for getting past this problem?

Ted Faurer
tfaurer@xxxxxxx
303-721-7636 MST