RE: [users@httpd] Switching between HTTP and HTTPS

At the moment you have two complicated sources of error and you can't
tell which is responsible. So, attack the problem in stages;

- setup some test URLs that are plain URLs on the apache server (ie,
remove the proxy server from the setup)
- get the RewriteRule working with those

It's impossible to guess what's happening when you start out with a very
complicated set-up and try to get everything working at once.

Guessing anyway, I'd say your rewrite rule is coming after the proxypass
and so the request gets passed to the proxy before it hits the RW rule.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> See my virtual host proxy setting below.
>
> <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
> ProxyRequests off
>  <Proxy *>
>  order deny,allow
>  Allow from all
>  </Proxy>
>  ProxyBadHeader Ignore
>  ProxyPass	/bas/ http://172.24.226.59:7001/bas/
>  ProxyPassReverse	/bas/ http://172.24.226.59:7001/bas/
> </IfModule>
>
> Any clue most welcome!!!
>
> Regards,
> Anil D

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.