Re: [users@httpd] ErrorDocument Question

On 19.06.06 12:14, Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> I know you can set it up so it will automatically select the correct
> language from a selection of something like this:
> 	/foo/bar.html.en
> 	/foo/bar.html.fr
> 	/foo/bar.html.es
> I want to do the same thing but specify the language in a folder in the
> path and not the file name at the end, such as:
> 	/foo/bar_en/foobar.html
> 	/foo/bar_fr/foobar.thml
> 	/foo/bar_es/foobar.html
> I've tried looking through the error document and content negotiation
> documentation, but I haven't seen anything that says this isn't possible
> or that it is possible and how to do it.  Am I blind?  Does anyone know
> if it is even possible?  If it is, any pointers would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I would use "ErrorDocument 401 /foo/bar.var" and set up up bar.var according
to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/content-negotiation.html like this:

URI: bar

URI: bar_en/foobar.html

URI: bar_fr/foobar.html

URI: bar_es/foobar.html

URI: bar_en/foobar.html

(the last one as failsafe default...)

Note that you need mod_negotiation loaded and type maps defined:
AddHandler type-map .var

P.S. I haven't tried this (I use .var but not for ErrorDocument) but it
should work...
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released