Re: [users@httpd] trying to make so-called generic apache work with oracle app server 10.1.3's oc4j

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 09:25, Imre Oolberg wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> I have an assignment to deploy Oracle Application Server 10.1.3's OC4J
> component behind Generic Apache v. 2.0.x webserver

Why 2.0?

Upgrade to 2.2 and it supports oracle directly through DBD.
Or of course use oracle's product.

Running 2.0 looks like the worst of both worlds.

> mod_oc4j.so: undefined symbol: onsint_hook_ons_ready_handler

That looks like a hook (though it could also be some oracle programmer
who doesn't understand hooks but thought (s)he was using apache
conventions).  A hook may be exported by the core or by another
module.  In general terms (as a matter of good practice), any hook
that isn't from the core should be implemented as an optional hook,
so it doesn't cause missing dependencies.

That hook is probably implemented by another oracle module that's
included in their proprietary apache version.  If you can identify that
module (e.g. with nm), then load it before the one that's generating
the error.  That'll be possible if and only if you have the module as
a .so (or .dll if on windoze).

> PS I instist using in a presentation layer generic apache instead of
> Oracle's own version on Apache because we prefere to remain in that
> layer not too tighty bound to a specific vendor.

Heh.  Debian's apache is horrible, too.

--
Nick Kew