[users@httpd] trying to make so-called generic apache work with oracle app server 10.1.3's oc4j

Dear people,

I have an assignment to deploy Oracle Application Server 10.1.3's OC4J component behind Generic Apache v. 2.0.x webserver ie to forward request thru Apache using mod_oc4j to the servlets provided by OAS. As i understood from Oracle® HTTP Server Administrator's Guide C.7 Integrating Generic Apache with Oracle Application Server

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25221_04/web.1013/b25211/oc4jplugin.htm#sthref1623

i had to copy appropriate modules from OAS Companion CD apache2 directory, set up environmental variables etc and should work perfect but instead i got a message

mod_oc4j.so: undefined symbol: onsint_hook_ons_ready_handler

Well, i also have doubts that copying binary libraries aint surest bet.

In my case generic apache 2 is provided by Debian Sarge distribution, i also experimented with CentOS with the same results.

I quite realize users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx isnt Oracle's helpdesk but should anyone have experience with setting up something like that and cares to shere it, i'd be most thankful!

Best regards, Imre

PS I instist using in a presentation layer generic apache instead of Oracle's own version on Apache because we prefere to remain in that layer not too tighty bound to a specific vendor.