AW: [users@httpd] htaccess ANY HELP PLEASE ?

> First off, it's not regarded as nice netiquette to repost to a
> mailing list after only 5 hours. After a week, maybe... but after
> 5 hours implies you think the rest of us exist merely to serve you :-)

I didn't realize that posting my message twice causes such a big problem for
you.

> Turning to your "problem"...
>
> > we have in the htaccess file a treatment for errors:
> >
> > ErrorDocument 403 http://www.ourdomain.com
> > ErrorDocument 404 http://www.ourdomain.com
> > ErrorDocument 500 http://www.ourdomain.com
> >
> > this is for redirecting any user to the mainpage, when he is
> > searching a
> > file which does not exist.
> > this works with all files, also without extension.
> >
> > but when the user inserts for example
> > http://www.ourdomain.com/index.php
> >
> > the browser jumps into an error message 404 file not found.
> > he doesn't redirect the user to the mainpage like always.
>
> Essential info when posting:
>
> - Apache version

1.3 unix on server

> - OS
> - error_log entry
> - access_log entry
>
> Otherwise, we're just guessing...
>
> Additional info:
>
> - do you actually have PHP installed?

no

> - is it configured correctly and working on existing URLs?
>
> Incidentally, I'm a little bemused by this problem of "high
> importance" - it is not usual that users surf a site by typing in
> random URLs in the hope that they lead to a page. So I don't
> quite see what all the panic's about.

It does not matter if I redirect the user to the main-page or to a special
error page.
Fact is, that the error treatment does not work correctly, when the tipped
url has the extension php.

there is no panic around here, especially not here in southern france.
it's just making us crazy beeing hacked from people and we want to defend,
say answer these hacks,
just redirecting them to the main page.

hope i could make things clear and did not bug anybody here <g>

mike

<The whole ErrorDoc scheme