To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache for local use only

On 5/23/06, Peter Schmitz <PeterS@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris

Thanks, doesn't seem to be the answer here. Re-installed Apache, same error
message re port 80, otherwise Apache installer reports success. But no
short-cuts, etc, anywhere. No error.log file. Turned off computer.
Restarted. Used system tray icon for Apache to "Start". Got "The requested
operation has failed!" message. No error.log file anywhere.

I remember going thru the same sorts of things.  Mine runs fine now
but seems to ignore my mime type settings for php and php files come
up as text :(

If u open up control panel, administration, services, are there any
other servicves, such as tomcat, running and using the port?

also, make sure when u reinstall that u select the option for everyone
and port 80.
In one of my reinstalls I discovered it had port 8080 set by default.

if all that is correct, have u modified the httpd.conf yet? If so
there might be an error in setting for htdoc or php.

chris

Peter