Re: [users@httpd] performance prob due to httpd's piling up

Bennet,

just to give you some tips:

- First: I assume you have root access on the server, if you don't,
  ask you ISP to solve this for you.
- if you want to find a file on your machine, use 'locate <filename>'.
  If locate gives you an error, run updatedb, wait, and try again
- If you ask questions on a mailing list as this *always* include
  the particular unix/linux version, distribution, because the
  experts on this list can give you much to-the-point advice.
- understand that the apache docs are for the apache *as they distribute it*
  companies like RedHat, SuSE have their own way of doing things, and
  apache instructions only apply partially. Configuration file docs are
  ok though
- I think a Unix/apache guru should be able to solve this problem in
  a couple of hours max.

Ron