Re: [users@httpd] Building Win32 2.2.2 Yourself

hunter wrote:

I got a reasonably clean build today with Apache 2.2.2 buy switching
from VC6 to VC7. Prior to this I could not figure out how to find an
LDAP 3.0 SDK.

It's out there <sigh> but no longer downloadable.  Notes will be updated
this weekend, but the PITA is that Microsoft pulled down the download,
and made the final VC 6.0 PSDK available for cost-of-shipping on CD :(

With respect to support/abs.dep, it's been removed (it was generated in
the first place) from the latest -win32-src.zip files on www.apache.org
this morning, and I'm waiting on mirrors to catch up to post a generalized
announcement of the availability of binary installers for the sources,
and 1.3.35, 2.0.58, 2.2.2 all no_ssl versions.

We'll see if the ASF management team addresses the ssl question; it's now
out of my direct control so don't nag and bite the hand that feeds you
again; go see hunter or anyone of a number of folks who roll the ssl flavor
in the meantime.

Bill