[users@httpd] Building Win32 2.2.2 Yourself

Joost de Heer wrote:
I'll chime in here a little :) Off hand, I can't think of anyone else
who was building Apache 2.2.0 on Windows apart from wrowe and myself,

Steffen from Apachelounge provides compiled 2.2.x binaries.
(http://www.apachelounge.com, you have to register to be able to download
the binaries)

What Colm meant was only the two of us, plus perhaps Jeff or FirstBill, and
maybe Martin actually build win32 of all the httpd project members.

The point I made earlier was that I've heard from **dozens** of folks who are
building Win32 themselves, and that is excellent news!!!  Expect an updated
page on the httpd.apache.org website this weekend, refreshing the build
instructions for those of you curious to try this.

There are still wrinkles, unfortunately, building on Visual Studio 2005 (that
free C++ Express edition, or the full professional package) with the major
changes to .manifest requirements for WinSxS.  Look forward to a complete
resolution to those builds in the 2.2.3 / 2.0.59 next releases.

Bill