Re: [users@httpd] Newbie ReWrite Question

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joshua Slive" <joshua@xxxxxxxx>

On 4/5/06, Mike McMullen <mlm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The new server I am putting in has multiple network cards in it. I would
like to if necessary force the incoming connection to use SSL but
stay on the same network path that the connection was initiated
with. One advantage is this keeps from going out of the internal
network, through a router and into the nic defined as the internet
facing IP.

Can someone show me what I need to change in the above?

Perhaps I don't understand what you want, but this doesn't make much
sense to me.   If I had to guess at what you are saying, then perhaps
you have some people accessing the site from an intranet and others
accessing it from the Internet.  If they are using different
hostnames, then you can replace www.mydomain.com with %{HTTP_HOST} to
make sure they stay with the same hostname.

Otherwise, apache has no control whatsoever over the network path
between the client and the server.

Joshua.

Hi Joshua,

That did the trick! Sorry I wasn't clearer in my description.

Thank you very much for your help!

Mike