RE: [users@httpd] IndexIgnore list

Why "surely"? The docs are pretty clear that it is an additive list. A quick look at the source (modules/generators/mod_autoindex.c, look for add_ignore method) shows that it just pushes the pattern onto an array every time it finds an IndexIgnore.

Having the ability to reset or subtract from the list would be "nice" but seems like it would be quite complicated to add to the code in a robust way (you'd also need a new directive). Some developers might complain of feature creep...

Wacky off-the-top-of-my-head, untried, untested "workarounds":

- Make a separate VH, on port 8080 for example, with docroot set to the target dir and have no IndexIgnore in this VH. Then, in the main VH, proxy requests for that dir to the port 8080 VH. Maybe that would work?

- a one-off hack to suit your situation: Extend the add_ignore method so that if it encounters a certain pattern (eg, CLEAR_INDEX_IGNORE_LIST), then it empties the array. You could then put "IndexIgnore CLEAR_INDEX_IGNORE_LIST" in the directory you want to free up. [NB - no idea if this would really work - it might clear the list for all dirs!)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I have tried everything
> I can think off but the directory still inherits from it's parent
> and I can add to the list but not remove anything.
>
> After four hours I decided its time to ask for help :-)

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.