Re: [users@httpd] setting up

At 02:36 AM 3/20/2006, you wrote:
hi all

i am very new to apache and am having trouble setting up my server.

i have got dyndns to provide the domain name and keep it updated to my system and have installed apache but am unable to get the web page to come up through the router as all i am getting is the routers main page not my index.html

any help would be gratefully appreciated

If you are on your LAN, you will get your routers setup page.

Outside of the LAN, people will (assuming you have port 80 forwarded to the appropriate machine) get your website.

To verify this, add a hosts entry:

192.168.X.X www.yourdomain.com

or, feel free to ask someone here to try it from outside the LAN.

The one problem with this obviously is I have 2 machines, and a number of different services / hosts on each machine - I cannot easily verify this because say www.mydomain.com:80 goes to machine 1 but www.mymachine.com:8080 goes to machine 2. From the inside of my network, www.mydomain.com on any port goes to machine 1, but from outside the LAN, it's fine.