RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_balance sticky sessions without cookies?

>Oliver.Schaudt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi Sam,
>>
>> i have had the same problem and i
>> resolve it for me with a source
>> change inside "mod_proxy_balancer.c"
>>
>> In the function "get_path_param"
>> i made the stickyness parameter from
>> the apache config [JESSIONID] lowercase,
>> because here you will get everytime
>> the identifier as "jsessionid".
>>
>> If is anybody out there which knows some
>> better and easier way, i am glad to know it.
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Oliver
>
>Thanks Oliver,
>
>Your reply prompted me to look at the relevant code which is exactly
>where I need to start I believe. Now I know that mod_proxy_balancer does
>inspect the URL looking for a session id parameter which is the most
>important thing.

>I still don't really understand why it isn't working. Are you saying
>that mod_proxy_balancer sees only lowercase URL parameter names? So that
>'SID' won't work but 'sid' will? Do you know why this is?
Yes this is the case [at least for me and i think by you too]

When i put in my apache config "JSESSIONID" than Cookies was working. But if there aren't any cookies allowed by the browser and the sessionn url rewriting will be made ";jsessionid=123456" that it failed.

When i put in my apache config "jsessionid" than the session url rewriting is working and will be sticky balanced, but than "JSESSIONID" will fail.

>If it is not too inconvenient,
No, it doesn't matter

>can you send your patch details so that I
>can see exactly what change you made in mod_proxy_balancer.c?
Yes, i will send the lines tommorow. Today i am not at my workplace.

>Thanks for your help,
>- Sam
Greets

Oliver