Re: [users@httpd] warning message and virtual hosts

Your .conf should contain something like this:

# name based virtualhost
NameVirtualHost *:80

# default  virtualhost if nothing else matches criteria
<VirtualHost _default_:80>

Basicly, it seems that you have stated NameVitrualHost *:80 but have none virtual host and that's why Apache is complainig.

Cheers,
Aleks

Jonathan S. Abrams wrote:
I am using Apache v2.0.55. In my error log file, I am seeing the following entry.

[warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

Now, looking in my .conf file, I do see a line that reads "NameVirtualHost *:80", and it is commented out. However, when I uncommented it, I still received the warning noted above after gracefully restarting.

I should note that my httpd.conf file has a reference to the .conf file I alluded to above. The httpd.conf file does not appear to have any of the VirtualHost code being used. If anyone can offer any insight as to how to eliminate this warning message, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

-Jonathan