RE: [users@httpd] pkgadd

I'm not that much into Solaris package management
but you could try if you could relocate the installation base
to a directory on which your user account has write permissions
(e.g. beneath your $HOME)
So you could try the -R switch (see man pkgadd)
Prior to installation you could check where the package bundlers'
intended install target is
by e.g. issueing

/usr/sbin/pkgchk -v -d /path/to/pkg.depot

However, many packages require post install scripts to be run
with root permissions
(e.g. to set links, permissions, or touch files etc.)

Most package managers should allow for deliberately skipping the
execution of such scripts.
But as I said, I know too little about the Solaris package
manager's options.
You should consult the manpages of pkgadd, pkgchk, pkginfo

However, because of all this if there is no way for you to obtain
root privileges
I would recommend you build an httpd from the Apache sources.

apache-1.3.33-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg
> pkgadd: ERROR: You must be "root" for pkgadd to execute
properly.