Re: [users@httpd] Why the sudden need to raise MaxClients?

On 2/20/06, Sage Weaver <sage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply -- at least knowing this is abnormal is a step in
> the right direction.
>
> By "standard debian packages," I mean I am using unmodified packages
> from the stable distribution of debian; no backports, no recompiled
> packages.  The package version is 2.0.54-5, which is the latest version
> available from the official debian stable repository.

Still doesn't help me.  How does it differ from the version
distributed from httpd.apache.org?  What patches are in there?  What
modules are in use.

> I would implement mod_status, except that once MaxClients is reached,
> won't mod_status be useless, since it relies on being able to serve a
> page via HTTP?  Or will mod_status work regardless?

If all the server processes are really locked up at this point then
you won't be able to get to server-status.  But you should be able to
see somewhat before the lockup point that processes are getting stuck.

Joshua.