[users@httpd] "missing configuration" errors in log

Hello--

I'm new to this list--greetings everybody.

I'm setting up my first web server, using FC3 distro, all available
updates applied, specifics pasted below.  Apparently the Fedora folks
have not finished incorporating Apache V2.2 into their update channels
(or is it considered a "new" package?).

I have followed a lot of the great advice of the yolinux site to get
up and running, including their directions on password-protecting an
area.

I made the new directory, and opted to put the controls in httpd.conf.

Everything seems to be working fine, but there is an annoying debug
message that occurs every time the directory is accessed:

[Tue Feb 14 00:26:38 2006] [debug] mod_auth_pgsql.c(778): \
[client 10.0.0.4] [mod_auth_pgsql.c] - missing configuration parameters

The only thing I can turn up via Google on that string points to the
following excerpt of the module source:

/* if *password* checking is configured in any way, i.e. then
	 * handle it, if not decline and leave it to the next in line..
	 * We do not check on dbase, group, userid or host name, as it is
	 * perfectly possible to only do group control and leave
	 * user control to the next guy in line.
	 */
	if ((!sec->auth_pg_pwd_table) && (!sec->auth_pg_pwd_field)) {
		ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, 0, r,
					  "[mod_auth_pgsql.c] - missing configuration parameters");
		return DECLINED;
	}
<<<<<<<<<

I'm not using sql, and doubt that I will.  I cannot see anything in the
configuration file that would activate this.  Here is the section of
httpd.conf that pertains to the directory:

<Directory "/">
#        Options FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all

</Directory>

<Directory "/web/html">
        Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing IconsAreLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory "/web/icons">
        Options Indexes MultiViews

        AllowOverride None
        Allow from all

        Order allow,deny
</Directory>

<Directory "/web/cgi-bin">
        Options ExecCGI

        AllowOverride None
        Allow from all

        Order allow,deny
</Directory>

<Directory /web/html/missy>
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     AuthName "MISSY'S PLACE"
     AuthType Basic
     AuthUserFile /web/etc/.htpasswd
     AuthGroupFile /dev/null
     require user missy
</Directory>

<<<<<<<<<

I was going to submit this as a bug, but per their advice I decided to
post this here first.  For kicks I ran up2date, and noticed there was
an update on the mod_auth_pgsql module.  (Stupid Red Hat alert
notification tool had a blue check mark, when updates were available).

One other item of weirdness is that the message is flagged as a "debug"
message, and I have set the logging level to "notice."

If anyone has an idea about this problem, or some advice for a newb',
I'm all ears.

Regards,

--bc

[root@bob ]# /usr/sbin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.53
Server built:   Sep  5 2005 09:28:47
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:9
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"