Re: [users@httpd] Help! - question about file permissions and apache

> Yes I was trying to setup Apache and a website at home. I know all about
> the DNS stuff. My problem was that the DNS host says I have a IP
> address  that is different then what my ISP gave me. I even tried to
> setup a static IP on my computer but the DNS host still says a different
> IP address. I went to Boutell.com to find out how to host my own website
> at home.  I just need to find out how to get the IP addresses fixed. Thanks!

This will probably need to be fixed by your ISP.  I would contact them
directly.  Before you do, though, make sure that you read the fine print
about whether or not they will allow you to run a webserver at home.  Many
ISPs explicitly prohobit it.  Also, if your ISP works with dynamic IPs, this
may be a problem.  Again, you will probably need to talk to them.  I don't
think this is something that you can "fix" yourself, but I certainly could
be wrong without knowing more about your ISP setup.

Sean